No Discomfort, No Downtime, & No Recovery
Keep your complexion young, healthy and glowing with a Microdermabrasion from Dermacare Cosmetic Surgery. We use a minimally invasive wand to gently sand your skin and remove the uneven, thicker outer layer. Schedule your free consultation and let our experts help you make your appearance reflect your spirit.
A skin protein called collagen makes our skin appear smooth and taut, and is abundant at an early age. As we age, that same collagen diminishes and we are left with skin that is uneven and loose. A Microdermabrasion will help to thicken the collagen, resulting in a younger looking complexion.
What is a Microdermabrasion?
This non-surgical procedure uses a diamond tip wand to exfoliate and then suction away dead skin cells from the skin’s surface, exposing a new layer of collagen and skin cells that help clear up common skin problems. The procedure can be used on light or dark skin; it works best on the face, neck, chest, arms, elbows and knees.
Who is a good candidate for a Microdermabrasion?
- Indivduals of all skin types and of all ages
- Indivduals who wish to refresh the appearance of their skin
What can you expect after a Microdermabrasion treatment?
- Pink and slightly swollen skin immediately after the treatment which typically lasts for only a day
- A decrease in the appearance of scars, pore size, and reduction of age spots
- A smoother skin texture
What are the benefits of a Microdermabrasion?
On the enormous positive side, microdermabrasion entails virtually no discomfort, downtime or recovery.
- This non-invasive procedure treats flaws on the outmost layer of skin
- Much like a massage, patients may experience a slight sensation
- Most treatments can be completed within an hour
- A microdermabrasion treatment is safe for all skin types including those with oily skin and minor acne scarring
Follow up treatments:
- Possibly two treatments per month to start, following with a maintenance plan of once a month
For more information on this procedure,
please visit the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.