Lasting Facelift Plastic Surgery Procedure in Phoenix | Goodyear | Scottsdale | Gilbert | Tempe | Mesa
Improve Visible Signs of Aging with a Lasting Facelift from the Plastic Surgery Experts of Arizona Dermacare Cosmetic Surgery
Aging of the face is inevitable, over time the skin begins to loosen on the face and neck. Crow’s feet appear at the corners of the eyes. Fine forehead lines become creases and then, gradually, deeper folds. The jawline softens into jowls, and beneath the chin, another chin or vertical folds appear at the front of the neck. Heredity, personal habits, the pull of gravity, and sun exposure contribute to the aging of the face. A facelift will improve these visible signs of aging in the face and neck, giving you the confidence you deserve.
A Lasting Facelift is the most effective approach for treating facial wrinkles and sagging of the face and neck caused by aging. A facelift removes excess skin, tightens underlying tissues and muscle and redrapes skin on the face and neck. It can correct midface sagging, marionette lines, jowls and a double chin, maintaining its reputation as the ‘gold standard’ for facial rejuvenation.
A Lasting Facelift from the plastic surgery experts at Arizona Dermacare Cosmetic Surgery has proven to be the top procedure to improve aging of the face. When combined with a Brow Lift or Eyelid Surgery, the effects can drastically improve the visible signs of aging. Schedule your free consultation with our board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Rod, today to find out if a Lasting Facelift is the right procedure for you!
What is a Lasting Facelift?
A Lasting Facelift, or rhytidectomy, is a surgical procedure that improves visible signs of aging in the face and neck. By lifting and repositioning the underlying tissue layers and muscles, Dr. Reza Rod will naturally improve the appearance of the jaw line and neck.
The visible signs that are improved include:
- Sagging in the middle of your face
- Deep creases below the lower eyelids and along the nose to the corner of the mouth
- Fat that has fallen or has disappeared
- Loss of skin tone in the lower face that creates jowls
- Loose skin and excess fatty deposits under the chin that can give a person of normal weight the appearance of a double chin
Rejuvenation procedures typically performed in conjunction with a facelift are brow lift, to correct a sagging or deeply furrowed brow, and eyelid surgery to rejuvenate aging eyes.
Who is a good candidate for a Lasting Facelift?
You may be a good candidate for a Lasting Facelift from the plastic surgery experts of Arizona Dermacare Cosmetic Surgery if you meet any of the following:
- If you feel that your face does not reflect your youthful spirit and energy level
- If you determine that your facial sagging and excess skin is a social or career obstacle
- If you show signs of facial aging but still have some skin elasticity
- One day you look in the mirror and realize that time, gravity, sun exposure and heredity have taken a toll and you simply do not look like yourself any more.
To find out if you are an ideal candidate for Dermacare’s Lasting Facelift Plastic Surgery, schedule your free consultation today!
Preparing for your Facelift Procedure:
Dr. Rod will provide thorough preoperative instructions, answer any questions you may have, take a detailed medical history and perform a physical exam to determine your fitness for surgery. You may also be required to obtain medical clearance from your personal family physician.
Prior to your plastic surgery procedure, Dr. Rod will ask you to:
- Stop smoking six weeks before your surgery to promote good wound healing and to reduce scarring. Smoking also increases your risk of serious complications.
- Avoid taking aspirin, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications (NSAIDs: Advil, Motrin, Aleve) and vitamins/homeopathic regimens. These can increase bleeding.
- Regardless of the type of surgery to be performed, hydration is very important before and after surgery for safe recovery.
Lasting Facelift Recovery:
Dr. Rod will discuss how long it will be before you can return to your normal level of activity and work. After your plastic surgery procedure, your caregiver will receive detailed instructions about your post surgical care, including information about:
- Drains, if they have been placed
- Normal symptoms you will experience
- Potential signs of complications
It is important to follow all postoperative instructions, including information about bandages, drains, taking an antibiotic (if prescribed), and the level of activity that is safe. Recovery time will vary by patient and in relation to the extent of your surgery.
How long will Facelift results last?
Your genes, skin quality, and maintenance routine are important factors in the longevity of your facelift, but the facelift technique is the number one factor in determining how long the result will last.
For safety, as well as the most beautiful and healthy outcome, it’s important to return to Arizona Dermacare Cosmetic Surgery for routine visits with Dr. Rod for follow-up evaluation at prescribed times and whenever you have any questions about your facelift healing and results.
Fortunately, significant complications from facelift surgery are infrequent. This surgery remains the gold standard for facial rejuvenation and is usually performed without any major problems.
Risks and potential complications of surgery should be discussed during your consultation. The risks in most surgeries are similar. Some of the potential complications of all surgeries are:
- Adverse reaction to anesthesia
- Hematoma or seroma (an accumulation of blood or fluid under the skin that may require removal)
- Changes in sensation
- Allergic reactions
- Damage to underlying structures
- Unsatisfactory results that may necessitate additional procedures.