Reshape Facial Contours with Juvéderm® in Phoenix | Scottsdale | Chandler | Gilbert | Goodyear
Juvéderm® is an excellent way to take years off your facial appearance without surgery. In general, these dermal fillers diminish facial lines and wrinkles, and restore fullness and volume in the face, including lips and cheeks. Consult with the experts at Dermacare Cosmetic Surgery and find out if a Juvéderm® filler is right for you.
Juvéderm® is intended to correct deeper wrinkles and folds. As we age, our skin changes. Over time, the natural volume of youthful skin begins to diminish as wrinkles and folds form. But, with Juvéderm® injectable gel, you don't have to just sit back and let it happen! Juvéderm® is a smooth consistency gel made of hyaluronic acid a naturally occurring substance in your skin that helps to add volume and hydration.
At Arizona Dermacare Cosmetic Surgery we ONLY purchase Juvéderm® from the original supplier, the pharmaceutical company Allergan. Any Juvéderm® injections you receive at Dermacare are safe and always FDA approved.
What is Juvéderm®?
Juvéderm® is a non-surgical filler that is used to instantly smooth out the lines along the sides of your nose and mouth. It can provide natural-looking results for up to a year with optimal treatment. Juvéderm® XC is made from a modified form of hyaluronic acid (HA), manufactured using proprietary Hylacross™ technology.
This gel is injected into facial areas to temporarily add volume where moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds occur, especially around the nose and mouth. Juvéderm® is a clear, biodegradable, non-animal stabilized hyaluronic acid gel. It lasts substantially longer than collagen.
What are the different types of Juvéderm?
The FDA has approved five types of Juvéderm®:
- Juvéderm® Ultra
- Juvéderm® Ultra XC
- Juvéderm® Ultra Plus
- Juvéderm® Ultra Plus XC
- Juvéderm® Voluma™ XC
At Dermacare Cosmetic Surgery, we offer them all. The Ultra is used for superficial locations for maximum silkiness, while the Ultra Plus has a thicker consistency for longer duration. To make injections more comfortable, the XC formulas contain the anesthetic lidocaine. What makes the Juvéderm® products stand out among other dermal fillers? The smooth consistency of its formula, its predictability, and its longevity.
What are the best uses for each Juvéderm?
Juvéderm® Ultra and Juvéderm® Ultra XC:
- Scar correction
- Moderate lip enhancement
- Filling moderate wrinkles; smile and marionette lines
Juvéderm® Ultra Plus & Juvéderm® Ultra Plus XC:
- Facial shaping
- Correction of naso-labial folds
- Adding significant volume to lips
- Filling severe wrinkles; smile and marionette lines
Juvéderm® Voluma™ XC:
- Adding significant volume to cheeks
Make your appointment today and find out which product is right for you.
You may be considered a good candidate for Juvéderm® if you meet any of the following:
- Individuals with a positive outlook and realistic goals
- Individuals with Crow's feet at the corner of the eyes
- Individuals with deep smile lines that run from the side of the nose to corners of the mouth
- Individuals with frown lines between the eyebrows
- Individuals with marionette lines at the corners of the mouth
You may NOT be a good candidate for Juvéderm® if you:
- Have a history of multiple severe allergies or severe allergic reactions
- Are allergic to proteins or lidocaine
What can you expect from your Juvéderm® dermal filler treatment?
These injections can be used to improve the skin's contour and reduce depressions in the skin due to scars, injury or lines. You can see potentially dramatic improvements for:
- Cheek depressions, smile and/or frown lines, Crow’ feet, and more
- Lip border
- Scars including burns, acne and those caused by wounds
- Smoker's lines; vertical lines on the mouth
- Worry lines that run across your forehead
How many treatments of Juvéderm® are needed?
Most people need at least three visits before they are completely satisfied. Treatment usually last 3 to 5 months.
Juvéderm® Risks & Side Effects:
- Tell your consultant if you are on therapy used to decrease the body’s immune response system
- Tell your consultant if you are using medications that can prolong bleeding, such as aspirin, ibuprofen, or other blood thinners
- Minimize strenuous exercise and exposure to extensive sun or heat within the first 24 hours following treatment
- Most side effects are mild to moderate (uncomfortable) in nature, and last 7 days or less. The most common side effects include temporary injection-site reactions such as: redness, pain/tenderness, firmness, swelling, lumps/bumps, bruising, itching, and discoloration