Instant Volume To Help Reshape Facial Contours
Juvéderm® is an excellent way to take years off your facial appearance without surgery. In general, these dermal fillers diminish facial lines and wrinkles and restore fullness and volume in the face, including lips and cheeks. Consult with the experts at Dermacare Cosmetic Surgery and find out if a Juvéderm® filler is right for you.
Our faces naturally lose underlying fat as we age, and facial muscles begin moving closer to the skin, causing crow’s feet and smile lines. Heredity, lifestyle and sun exposure also contribute to the aging process. A Juvéderm® filler can plump thin lips, soften facial creases and wrinkles, enhance shallow contours, and improve the appearance of recessed scars.
What is Juvéderm®?
This gel is injected into facial areas to temporarily add volume where moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds occur, especially around the nose and mouth. Juvéderm® is a clear, biodegradable, non-animal stabilized hyaluronic acid gel. It lasts substantially longer than collagen.
What are the different types of Juvéderm®?
The FDA has approved five types of Juvéderm®:
- Juvéderm® Ultra
- Juvéderm® Ultra XC
- Juvéderm® Ultra Plus
- Juvéderm® Ultra Plus XC
- Juvéderm® Voluma™ XC
At Dermacare Cosmetic Surgery, we offer them all. The Ultra is used for superficial locations for maximum silkiness, while the Ultra Plus has a thicker consistency for longer duration. To make injections more comfortable, the XC formulas contain the anesthetic lidocaine. What makes the Juvéderm® products stand out among other dermal fillers? The smooth consistency of its formula, its predictability, and its longevity.
What are the best uses for each Juvéderm® product?
Juvéderm® Ultra and Juvéderm® Ultra XC
- Scar correction
- Moderate lip enhancement
- Filling moderate wrinkles; smile and marionette lines
Juvéderm® Ultra Plus & Juvéderm® Ultra Plus XC
- Facial shaping
- Correction of naso-labial folds
- Adding significant volume to lips
- Filling severe wrinkles; smile and marionette lines
Juvéderm® Voluma™ XC
- Adding significant volume to cheeks
Make your appointment today and find out which product is right for you.
Who is a good candidate for a Juvéderm® dermal filler?
- Individuals with a positive outlook and realistic goals
- Individuals with Crow's feet at the corner of the eyes
- Individuals with deep smile lines that run from the side of the nose to corners of the mouth
- Individuals with frown lines between the eyebrows
- Individuals with marionette lines at the corners of the mouth
You may NOT be a good candidate if you:
- Have a history of multiple severe allergies or severe allergic reactions
- Are allergic to proteins or lidocaine
What can you expect from your Juvéderm® dermal filler treatment?
These injections can be used to improve the skin's contour and reduce depressions in the skin due to scars, injury or lines. You can see potentially dramatic improvements for:
- Cheek depressions, smile and/or frown lines, Crow’ feet, and more
- Lip border
- Scars including burns, acne and those caused by wounds
- Smoker's lines; vertical lines on the mouth
- Worry lines that run across your forehead
- Most people need at least three visits before they are completely satisfied. Treatment usually last 3 to 5 months
- Tell your health care professional if you are on therapy used to decrease the body’s immune response system
- Tell your health care professional if you are using medications that can prolong bleeding, such as aspirin, ibuprofen, or other blood thinners
- Minimize strenuous exercise and exposure to extensive sun or heat within the first 24 hours following treatment
- Most side effects are mild to moderate (uncomfortable) in nature, and last 7 days or less. The most common side effects include temporary injection-site reactions such as: redness, pain/tenderness, firmness, swelling, lumps/bumps, bruising, itching, and discoloration