Eyelid Surgery (Blepharoplasty) in Phoenix | Goodyear | Chandler | Tempe | Gilbert | Scottsdale
An Eye Lift, or Eyelid Surgery, Will Give You a More Youthful Appearance
The eyes are one of the first things we notice when we meet someone new. Droopy eyelids are a major reason why some people consider eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty) to remove and tighten excess eyelid skin for a more alert, youthful appearance. Eyelid surgery results are immediate and long-lasting, including a more youthful, well rested appearance, and brighter eyes. Consult with Dr. Rod and the experts at Dermacare Cosmetic Surgery to find out of eyelid surgery is right for you. Schedule your free consultation today and be on your way to making your appearance reflect your spirit!
The area around the eyes is also one of the first regions to show the signs of aging. By rejuvenating the eyelids, Dr. Rod is able to give people a refreshed, alert appearance that affects how they are perceived by the outside world. This procedure, known as Blepharoplasty, corrects sagging, bags, or puffiness of the upper and/or lower eyelids. Contact Arizona Dermacare today to find out if Eyelid Surgery is right for you.
What is Eyelid Surgery (Blepharoplasty)?
This procedure, known as Blepharoplasty, corrects sagging, bags, or puffiness of the upper and/or lower eyelids. This surgical technique is performed in the office and involves removing excess skin and fat, or tightening lax muscles to improve the appearance around the eyes.
Upper eyelids are incised within the natural crease where the scar can be concealed within this structure. Fat is either repositioned or removed, muscles tightened, and excess skin removed.
Lower eyelids are corrected just below the lower lash line. As with the upper lid procedure, fat is either repositioned or removed, and excess skin removed. An alternate to this incision is one created on the inside of the lower lid. With this technique no skin is removed but a redistribution or removal of fat is performed.
Who is a good candidate for Eyelid Surgery?
The following are some reasons why you may be a good candidate for Eyelid Surgery:
- Individuals who are physically healthy with no serious eye conditions
- Non-smokers with a positive outlook and specific goals in mind
- People with loose or sagging skin that creates folds or disturbs the natural contour of the upper eyelid
- Individuals with bags under their eyes or excess fatty deposits that appear as puffiness in the eyelids
- People with drooping lower eyelids that reveal white below the iris
- Individuals with excess skin and fine wrinkles of the lower eyelid
What can you expect after an Eyelid Surgery?
Below are some common things you can expect after having Eyelid Surgery:
- Increased self-confidence and self-image
- Improved appearance of the eyelids and a rejuvenated appearance
- In many cases, improved vision
- As swelling and bruising subside, a smooth, better-defined eyelid and surrounding region